Monday, April 25, 2011

Ftv Model Changing Backstage



I continue with me stesso . Diaries 1957-1978 of Indro Montanelli.

occupies too much space Italian politics and editorial policy of newspapers in which he worked, very scrambled and between them both, and very minor. But oh:

Milan A call informing me that Longanesi dead. He has a heart attack at his desk, on which was displayed a letter from me ten days ago, that began: "Dear Leo, that night you died I sonno ..." [This is the first entry in the book and is also foreboding tone. The book is full obituary]
*
seems impossible: during the floods, the first thing is missing is water.
*
Vergani Reading is like eating a peach, then feel the need to wash your hands to get rid of the stickiness.
*
Only the hypothesis that the female is cute deaf can explain the cuckoo.
*
[...] the end, they invariably conclude that only those who have plenty of doubts about his own talent. And so, the many virtues that in moments of pride and attributed to me, just adding, humility, modesty.
*
In Italy the stone that broke the nose of the monument to Dante is a "tradition" much more sense than Divine Comedy .
*
The best proof of friendship and trust that an intellectual can give other intellectual is to confess that he has not read Leopardi from the time school, that have no desire to do so and that the few times I have tried has died of boredom.
*
Today, on the street, I was assaulted a deaf and low sense of envy and resentment towards tenants of a huge American car shiny. Is it the first inkling in me, a "social conscience"?
*
History of the aristocracy. The grandfather was insolent to their superiors. The parent with their peers. He with the lower.
*
Idara Gazzoni: false princess, who says "fuck" and "asshole" as a real princess.
*
Barzini not that have a high opinion of himself. Is that it is very low in others.
*
Fascism. The most comical attempts to establish the seriousness.
*
Bacchelli works tirelessly for the past sixty years, building a foundation on which his death will not know what place.
*
Visit Alberto Bevilacqua leads me to a more active struggle "against the mafia culture left." I described with thick strokes his misdeeds and its dangers: "If we do not unite," says "if we coordinate our efforts if we are not a ... a ...." Obviously, find a synonym for mafia. But I can not think of any that suggest.
*
[Thucydides:] Happiness of man is freedom. And freedom is courage.
*
How wonderful it would be if he could guillotine Carli, isolating the head. Do not know most lucid and effective. But what worries me is the rest.
*
His adulation shown so clearly reserves that never surprises me, except one: the fact that I know I do not resist.
*
[Spadolini, director of Il Corriere congratulated him on his article about the moon landing:] "Excellent. It is well that the feat has lived with passion Tuscan space: not so much rejoicing at the victory of the Americans, for the defeat of the Russians. " It's true.
*
The intelligentsia is left by definition. The right wing is not intelligentsia.
*
To me, hear speak ill of the United States in these industrial delicious treats without the United States would have ended up as porters or as the Krupp occupants of a concentration camp in Siberia, turns my stomach. It is a shame, because things are worthy of a good digestion are excellent, from caviar to champagne.
*
[About Dino Buzzati] Like all true poets, that naive cynic has never known what he was doing. A bird sings in his throat, and he transcribes the notes without notice if a gurgle or a rooster. I hope that this poem is a gurgle. I hope so vividly. The Dino's are among the few successes of others that do not rage. And I would very much like a vein once their fabulous and magical, have found another. Dino knows this and has asked me to do a book review. I promised. If it's good, I will discuss the book. If it is bad, the author. The system forever.
*
"Your son is excited about things just do not understand, and therefore shows always so enthusiastic," he wrote to Arnold [Mondadori] in my letter of farewell.
*
Scalfari me attacks on L'Expresso . [...]

- You will not read, he asks [the informant] .
-No. I just used to talk to me about fifty lines. And enough for me. A gifted advertising do not look the tooth!
Capto in her eyes a glow of admiration.

But at home rather than read the article. And I get angry. But I choose not to answer until tomorrow, when my anger has passed.
*
However, a moment of true greatness in my days on there: in the morning, when, looking in the mirror, I reject the temptation victoriously to hide my baldness under a bower. Caesar, who was Caesar, succumbed.
*
[Van dying his friends] is definitely making progress in a clean sweep by shrapnel.
*
All the lies on which it has built our national life "of the unification of Italy for Democracy-spend bill eventually. And I have to die under the rubble without believing in any of them.
*
Must see things that bear upon us, that grace!
*
[An article from him] I'm not completely satisfied, because much effort has cost me, I had to rewrite it several times, and that means I have not found yet right tone. Maybe he has wanted to get into intelligence doses higher than mine. I have to remember, no matter what, I'm Montanelli, no Longanesi or Flaiano, and my strength is naturalness. Redeems it all: even the commonplace.
*
I live readers. Readers will not impose more bonded to me that honesty: the only one not weighed.
*
Moravia course it is the most translated Italian author abroad! If it is already in your own language!
*
[The agreement will simulate a public discussion in the press Bergamo] has ended as I feared. As you read my answer to your second attack, Bergamo phoned me:
"I resent the public says," because that was our pact. But you bite!
- bite you too! "I say.
- Yes, but you're hurting!
And I do not know what to say because he does damage.
*
regions [ie, the autonomous regions of Italy] only serve as an instrument of relentless struggle against the central power, and will, therefore, a new and more powerful cause of confusion and paralysis.
*
The province! Filled with dreams of escape, and ruthless with those who are attempting.
*
So the reader, poor man, believe to be judging your own head without realizing that the head we have seized us. Here is a completed example of what the fools call "journalistic objectivity."
*
With his usual caution or reluctance (to understand what it says is needed whenever a radar), Castiello warns me ...
*
I have to do everything possible, but can not do anything.
*
[Upon receiving the award Giono] He thanked "in French saying that the last time I saw him, Jean Giono, who just received an award, he said with a gesture of enormous boredom: "And to think that maybe an award has ever bear my name ... "All true. I did not ever know Giono. But people (four cats) was funny that you remember me.
*
Borges [excusing himself for not having a clue of who is a Brazilian by asking you, apologetically]: "You see, for us, Argentines, Brazil is South America ... "
*
" This is the first time, "he says the Christian Democrats run a real risk of rupture. And you can imagine what drama would.
"It would be a drama," I say if the DC was actually a bulwark against the PCI. But if it does not for that, what's the use?
[...]
Forlani gets an hour trying in vain to convince.

0 comments:

Post a Comment